Child protection part 1
● Understand what safeguarding is, why it’s important and whose responsibility it is
● Be clear on the 4 main types of abuse
● Know how to spot the signs and indicators of abuse
● Be aware of specific safeguarding issues
● Know what to do if you think a child may be experiencing or is at risk of, abuse What is safeguarding?
● Protecting children from maltreatment
● Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
● Making sure children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
● Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
Keeping Children Safe in Education
Please look at
Why is safeguarding important?
Your actions have real and significant implications, and that they have an important role to play in protecting young people.