GDPR Part 2
Who is responsible for data protection?
One of the key changes in new regulations is that all organisations, including schools, have to show accountability. This means the School and all its employees have to be responsible for safeguarding other peoples’ personal data.
Schools have to be proactive in showing accountability - including through training and raising awareness amongst staff. All staff are responsible for taking steps to safeguard personal information.
Some steps you can take are:
● Create strong passwords for devices;
● Lock away / put documents out of sight when you are not using them;
● Ensure School visitors are supervised;
● Be aware of email and telephone scams phising for personal information.
● What security measures do you have in place to protect:
1) Your sensitive information?
2) Personal information of pupils and/or colleagues?
● Think of ways that you could change your current practice in order to further comply with GDPR in school. What will you change?